Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Post consumer pet depolymerization by acid hydrolysis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- The reaction of post-consumer poly(ethylene terephthalate) with aqueous solutions of sulfuric acid 7.5M was investigated in terms of temperature, time and particle size. The reaction extent reached 80% in four days at 100 degrees C and 90% in 5 hours at 135 degrees C. TPA obtained was purified and considered in the same level of quality of the commercial one after tests of elemental analysis, particle size and color. It was concluded that the hydrolysis occurred preferentially at the chain ends and superficially, having as controller mechanism the acid diffusion into the polymer structure. The shrinking-core model can explain the reaction kinetics.
- Polymer-plastics Technology and Engineering. Philadelphia: Taylor & Francis Inc., v. 46, n. 2, p. 135-144, 2007.
- Taylor & Francis Inc
- chemical recycling
- sulfuric acid
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.