Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Evaluation of Torque Maintenance of Abutment and Cylinder Screws With Morse Taper Implants
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 09/14666-5
- The screw loosening of implant-supported prostheses is a common mechanical failure and is related to several factors as insertion torque and preload. The aim of this study was to evaluate the torque maintenance of retention screws of tapered abutments and cylinders of Morse taper implants submitted to retightening and detorque measurements. Two groups were obtained (n = 12): group I-tapered abutment connected to the implant with titanium retention screw and group II-cylinder with metallic base connected to tapered abutment with titanium retention screw. The detorque values were measured by an analogic torque gauge after 3 minutes of torque insertion. The detorque was measured 10 times for each retention screw of groups I and II, totalizing 120 detorque measurements in each group. Data were submitted to ANOVA and Fisher exact test (P < 0.05). Both groups presented reduced detorque value (P < 0.05) in comparison to the insertion torque in all measurement periods. There was a statistically significant difference (P < 0.05) between the detorque values of the first measurement and the other measurement periods for the abutment screw. However, there was no statistically significant difference (P > 0.05) for the detorque values of all measurement periods for the cylinder screw. In conclusion, the abutment and cylinder screws exhibited torque loss after insertion, which indicates the need for retightening during function of the implant-supported prostheses.
- Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, v. 23, n. 6, p. E631-E634, 2012.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Implant-supported prosthesis
- dental implant
- retention screw
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.