Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Comparison between laser therapy and non-surgical therapy for periodontitis in rats treated with dexamethasone
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Barretos Dent Sch
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- The aim of this study was to compare low-level laser therapy (LLLT) as adjuvant treatment for induced periodontitis with scaling and root planing (SRP) in dexamethasone-treated rats. One-hundred twenty rats were divided into groups: D group (n = 60), treated with dexamethasone; ND group (n = 60) treated with saline solution. In both groups, periodontal disease was induced by ligature at the left first mandibular molar. After 7 days, the ligature was removed and all animals were subjected to SRP and were divided according to the following treatments: SRP, irrigation with saline solution (SS); SRP + LLLT, SS and laser irradiation (660 nm; 24 J; 0.428 W/cm(2)). Ten animals in each treatment were killed after 7 days, 15 days and 30 days. The radiographic and histometric values were statistically analyzed. In all groups radiographic and histometric analysis showed less bone loss (P < 0.05) in animals treated with SRP + LLLT in all experimental periods. SRP + LLLT was an effective adjuvant conventional treatment for periodontitis in rats treated with dexamethasone.
- Lasers In Medical Science. Artington: Springer London Ltd, v. 25, n. 2, p. 197-206, 2010.
- Springer London Ltd
- Periodontal disease
- Non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.