Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Experimental periodontal disease treatment by subgingival irrigation with tetracycline hydrochloride in rats
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Ctr Educ Fdn Barretos
- Objective: The aim of this study was to compare subgingival irrigation with tetracycline hydrochloride (TTC-HCL) as adjunctive treatment to scaling and root planning (SRP) on induced periodontitis in rats. Material and Methods: In 60 rats, periodontal disease was ligature-induced at the mandibular left first molar. After 7 days, the ligature was removed and all animals were submitted to SRP, and divided into 2 groups according to the following treatment: C (n=30) - subgingival irrigation with 1 mL of saline; T (n=30) - subgingival irrigation with 1 mL of TTC-HCL (50 mg/mL). Ten animals in each group were euthanized at 7, 15 and 30 days posttreatment. The histometric values were statistically analyzed (p<0.05). Results: In the histometric analysis, at 7, 15 and 30 days, Group T (0.72+/-0.05 mm(2), 0.57+/-0.14 mm(2), 0.62+/-0.07 mm(2)), showed less bone loss (p<0.05) than Group C (1.35+/-0.25 mm(2); 1.40+/-0.31 mm(2); 1.29+/-0.27 mm(2)), respectively. Conclusions: Subgingival irrigation with TTC-HCL was an effective adjunctive treatment for periodontal disease induced in rats.
- Journal of Applied Oral Science. Bauru-sp: Univ São Paulo Fac Odontologia Bauru, v. 18, n. 6, p. 635-640, 2010.
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP), Faculdade de Odontologia de Bauru
- Periodontal diseases
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.