Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Bioactive Glass for Alveolar Ridge Augmentation
- Univ Ctr Araraquara UNIARA
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- The restoration and recovery of the alveolar healing process are a challenge to dental surgeons to achieve satisfactory results at the osseointegration of implants and implant rehabilitation. Different operative technique and biomaterials are being used to reconstruct the framework of the alveolar process. One of the biomaterials used for this purpose is the bioactive glass. The aim of this study was to report clinical and histologic final results of 7 clinical reports of alveolar ridge augmentation using bioactive glass. Clinically, bioglass was able to maintain bone architecture of the alveolar bone and repaired satisfactory. Biopsy was performed on the histologic samples and showed bone formation in intimate contact to the particles of the biomaterial.
- Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, v. 23, n. 3, p. E220-E222, 2012.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Bioactive glass
- alveolar socket
- alveolar healing process
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.