Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Mechanics of the maxillary central incisor. Influence of the periodontal ligament represented by beam elements
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ N Carolina
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 06/02336-2
- This study aimed to evaluate the influence of loading on a maxillary central incisor with the periodontal ligament (PDL) represented by 2D elastic beam elements using a 2D finite element analysis. Two models (M) were built varying the PDL representation: Mh (homogeneous PDL) and Mht (heterogeneous PDL with beam3 elements). Stress and displacements were determined for three loading conditions (L): Ll, lingual face loading at 45 degrees with the tooth long axis; Li, perpendicular to the incisal edge; and Lip, on the incisal edge, parallel to the tooth long axis. Evaluation was performed on ANSYS software. Lip provided lower stress variation on the tooth and support structures when compared to Ll and Li. PDL's influence on stress values was lower for Lip. Oblique loading showed stress and displacement not observed in parallel loading condition through PDL's heterogeneous representation and it is probably incompatible with the in vivo condition.
- Computer Methods In Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 13, n. 5, p. 515-521, 2010.
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- periodontal ligament
- tooth mobility
- dental stress analysis
- finite element analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.