Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Care Required When Using Bisphosphonates in Dental Surgical Practice
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Bisphosphonates are pharmacologic compounds characterized by high tropism to bone tissue. They affect bone metabolism by inhibition of osteoclast recruitment, proliferation, differentiation, and function. Because they can reduce bone resorption, bisphosphonates are used mainly for the treatment of osteometabolic conditions. However, the use of bisphosphonates has been associated with the onset of osteonecrosis of the jaws and indication of dental implants. As a result of this, the aim of this study was to present the risks and the care that health professionals should take in cases of surgical procedures such as placement of dental implants in patients who make use of bisphosphonates.
- Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, v. 21, n. 6, p. 1966-1970, 2010.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- oral implants
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.