Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Color Stability Comparison of Silicone Facial Prostheses Following Disinfection
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 05/59920-5
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the color stability of two silicones for use in facial prostheses, under the influence of chemical disinfection and storage time.Materials and Methods: Twenty-eight specimens were obtained half made from Silastic MDX 4-4210 silicone and the other half from Silastic 732 RTV silicone. The specimens were divided into four groups: Silastic 732 RTV and MDX 4-4210 with disinfection three times a week with Efferdent and Sliastic 732 RTV and MDX 4-4210 disinfected with neutral soap. Color stability was analyzed by spectrophotometry, immediately and 2 months after making the specimens. After obtaining the results, ANOVA and Tukey test with 1% reliability were used for statistical analysis.Results: Statistical differences between mean color values were observed. Disinfection with Efferdent did not statistically influence the mean color values.Conclusion: The factors of storage time and disinfection statistically influenced color stability; disinfection acts as a bleaching agent in silicone materials.
- Journal of Prosthodontics-implant Esthetic and Reconstructive Dentistry. Malden: Wiley-blackwell, v. 18, n. 3, p. 242-244, 2009.
- Maxillofacial prosthesis
- chemical disinfection
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.