Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Enraizamento de estacas de Caesalpinia echinata Lam. em hidroponia
- Rooting cuttings of Caesalpinia echinata Lam. in hydroponic system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study aimed to determine the indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) requirement and proper concentration for Caesalpinia echinata rooting in a hydroponic system for plantlet production. The experiment was conducted in a greenhouse of the 'Faculdade de Ciencias Agrarias e Veterinarias', UNESP, in Jaboticabal, São Paulo state. The vegetal material consisted of 160 stem cuttings that were 11 to 12 cm in length with two pairs of leaves, prepared from young seedlings. The cutting bases were treated by slow immersion in 5% ethanol solution containing 0, 100, 200 and 400 mg L-1 of IBA during 14 hours and by fast immersion in 50% ethanol solution containing 0, 1000, 3000 and 5000 mg L-1 of IBA during 5 seconds. The cuttings were maintained in the hydroponic system for 90 days and, for additional 90 days in plastic bags containing substrate (Plantmax (R)) under intermittent mist. After 90 and 180 days of rooting, the percentage of cuttings that survived, the rooting percentage and the number and length of adventious root were evaluated. Cuttings should be treated with IBA at 100 mg L-1 for 14 hours and placed to root in a hydroponic system.
- Ciência Florestal. Santa Maria: Centro Pesquisas Florestais, Ufsm, v. 22, n. 2, p. 241-250, 2012.
- Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM), Centro Pesquisas Florestais
- Brazil wood
- indole-3-butyric acid
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.