Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Sealability of MTA and calcium hydroxide-containing sealers
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Objectives: The aim of this study was to evaluate the apical sealability of Fillapex (R), Endo-CPM-Sealer (R) and Sealapex (R). Material and Methods: Ninety-four freshly extracted single-rooted teeth were selected and decoronated. All teeth were radiographed to confirm the existence of a single and straight root canal, which was prepared using Protaper Universal and 2.5% sodium hypochlorite. The teeth were randomly divided in groups of 10 specimens each according to the sealer, and the canals were filled using the single cone technique and one of the sealers. Four additional teeth were used as controls. The teeth were submitted to dye leakage with Rhodamine B for 24 h but using vacuum on the initial 15 min. Thereafter, they were cut longitudinally and the leakage was measured in a linear fashion from apex to crown. Data were analyzed by ANOVA and Tukey's tests at 5% significance level. Results: Fillapex (R) and Sealapex (R) showed significantly less dye leakage than Endo-CPM-Sealer (R) (p<0.05). Conclusions: It was concluded that Fillapex (R) and Sealapex (R) were able to prevent apical dye leakage differently from Endo-CPM-Sealer (R).
- Journal of Applied Oral Science. Bauru-sp: Univ São Paulo Fac Odontologia Bauru, v. 20, n. 3, p. 347-351, 2012.
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP), Faculdade de Odontologia de Bauru
- Root canal filling material
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.