Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Parâmetros eletrocardiográficos e valores séricos e urinários de sódio e potássio em cães tratados com furosemida
- Seric and urinary values for sodium and potassium and electrocardiography parameters in dogs treated with furosemide
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The serum and urine Na+ and K+ levels and their relationship with electrocardiography characteristics,were studied in 15 male adult mongrel dogs, treated twice-a-day,with 2, 4, 8mg/kg of live weight doses of furosemide and furosemide associated with KCl during 35 days. Urine samples were analyzed weekly in order to determine the Na+ and K+ concentrations and to evaluate the urinary excretion of both cations. Electrocardiography was performed simultaneously, using limb derivations, speed 50mm/sec and calibration of 1 cm corresponding to 1mV. Data showed decreased seric concentrations of Na+ and Ki, increase in Na+ fractional excretion between days 7 and 21 of the treatment, slower heart rate and longer PR, QRS and QT intervals in the ECG. Briefly 2mg/kg furosemide associated with KCl was the most suitable treatment since it induced lesser side effects.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia. Minas Gerais: Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia, v. 50, n. 6, p. 677-684, 1998.
- Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.