Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ostecondrose em bovinos confinados
- Osteochondrosis in feedlot cattle
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This paper reports the occurrence of osteochondrosis in feedlot cattle submitted to a high-caloric diet. About 11.6% of the animals showed symptoms that included lameness, tarsal hyperflexion, muscle fasciculations, reluctance to move and delayed recumbency. Necropsy and radiologic examination showed typical lesion of osteochondrosis, including cartilage discontinuity and osseous injury. The diet, age and high grow rate of the animals were considered to he factors in the development of osteochondrosis.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia. Minas Gerais: Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia, v. 50, n. 1, p. 95-98, 1998.
- Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.