Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Parâmetros hematológicos de jumentas gestantes em diferentes períodos
- Hematological parameters of pregnant donkeys in different periods
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (UFES)
- Haras Polo Regional de Desenvolvimento Tecnológico de Agronegócios da Alta Mogiana
- The hematological parameters and total protein concentration in healthy donkeys during pregnancy, under grass handling conditions in tropical weather, were evaluated. Fifth-two Marchador Brasileiro breed healthy donkeys, ranging from 8 to 16 years old, were evaluated, 36 of which were pregnant. The animals were separated in four groups: non pregnant (control), pregnancy from 25 to 110 days (first phase), from 111 to 210 days (second phase), and from 211 to 340 days (third phase). Total protein, erythrocyte, and leukocytes counts; packed cell volume; hemoglobin concentration; hematimetric absolute rates of mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); and mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC) were evaluated. Total protein and eosinophils count decreased in the first phase. Red blood cells, hemoglobin concentration, and MCHC increased in the third phase of pregnancy. However, MCV and MCH decreased in the same phase.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia. Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Escola de Veterinária, v. 62, n. 6, p. 1514-1516, 2010.
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Escola de Veterinária
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.