Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Influence of the Light-Curing Unit, Storage Time and Shade of a Dental Composite Resin on the Fluorescence
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Toronto
- The aim of this study was to determine the influence of three light-curing units, storage times and colors of the dental composite resin on the fluorescence. The specimens (diameter 10.0 +/- 0.1 mm, thickness 1.0 +/- 0.1 mm) were made using a stainless steel mold. The mold was filled with the microhybrid composite resin and a polyethylene film covered each side of the mold. After this, a glass slide was placed on the top of the mold. To standardize the top surface of the specimens a circular weight (1 kg) with an orifice to pass the light tip of the LCU was placed on the top surface and photo-activated during 40 s. Five specimens were made for each group. The groups were divided into 9 groups following the LCUs (one QTH and two LEDs), storage times (immediately after curing, 24 hours, 7 and 30 days) and colors (shades: A(2)E, A(2)D, and TC) of the composite resin. After photo-activation, the specimens were storage in artificial saliva during the storage times proposed to each group at 37 C and 100% humidity. The analysis of variance (ANOVA) and Tukey's post-hoc tests showed no significant difference between storage times (immediately, 24 hours and 30 days) (P > 0.05). The means of fluorescence had difference significant to color and light-curing unit used to all period of storage (P < 0.05). The colors had difference significant between them (shades: A2D < A2E < TC) (P < 0.05). The Ultraled (LED) and Ultralux (QTH) when used the TC shade showed higher than Radii (LED), however to A2E shade and A2D shade any difference were found (P > 0.05).
- Laser Physics. New York: Maik Nauka/interperiodica/springer, v. 20, n. 7, p. 1647-1653, 2010.
- Maik Nauka/interperiodica/springer
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.