Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ultrastructural features of myenteric ganglia of adult Wistar rats (Rattus norvegicus)
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The ultrastructural features of the ganglia of the myenteric plexus exhibit changes according to the animal species. These myenteric ganglia in the duodenum of adult rats of the Wistar strain were characterized ultrastructurally in this work. Those ganglia were depicted as compact structures, composed of neurones and glial cells, forming a dense neuropil surrounded by a continuous basal lamina and collagen fibrils. Glial cell bodies were smaller and apparently more frequent than neuronal cell bodies, being morphologically distinguished by nuclear features. In the neuronal extensions granular and agranular synaptic vesicles of different sizes predominate, in addition to mitochondria and myelinized profiles. Gliofilaments were not observed on the glial extensions of the rats.
- Anatomia Histologia Embryologia-Journal of Veterinary Medicine Series C. Berlin: Blackwell Wissenschafts-verlag Gmbh, v. 29, n. 6, p. 393-397, 2000.
- Blackwell Wissenschafts Verlag Gmbh
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.