Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structural and Ultrastructural Aspects of Folliculogenesis in Didelphis albiventris, the South-American Opossum
- Aspectos Estructurales y Ultraestructurales de la Foliculogénesis de Didelphis albiventris, la Zarigüeña Sudamericana
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The ovarian histology, the structural and the ultrastructural characteristics of the folliculogenesis in Didelphis albiventris were described in detail. Recent studies suggest that methatherian mammals have unusual reproductive cycle but there are few informations regarding the marsupials reproductive life. Despite of the opossum folliculogenesis pattern resembles methatherian and eutherian pattern in many aspects, the analysis shows some peculiar features of the oocyte structure and ultrastructure that make available new data on the reproductive biology of marsupials.
- International Journal of Morphology. Temuco: Soc Chilena Anatomia, v. 26, n. 1, p. 113-120, 2008.
- Soc Chilena Anatomia
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.