Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Characterization of Atrazine-Loaded Biodegradable Poly(Hydroxybutyrate-Co-Hydroxyvalerate) Microspheres
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade de Sorocaba (UNISO)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- FAPESP: 08/01222-9
- FAPESP: 06/00121-0
- Polyhydroxybutyrate-co-hydroxyvalerate microspheres (PHBV-MS) were prepared as a delivery system for the herbicide atrazine (ATZ). Characterization of the system included investigation of in vitro release properties and genotoxicity. ATZ - PHBV-MS particle diameters showed a size distribution range of 1-13 mu m. Differential scanning calorimetry analyses indicated that ATZ was associated with the PHBV microparticles. The release profiles showed a different release behavior for the pure herbicide in solution, as compared with that containing ATZ-loaded PHBV-MS. Korsmeyer-Peppas model analyses showed that atrazine release from the microparticles occurred by a combination of diffusion through the matrix and partial diffusion through water-filled pores of the PHBV microparticles. A Lactuca sativa test result showed that the genotoxicity of ATZ-loaded PHBV-MP was decreased in relation to ATZ alone. The results demonstrate a viable biodegradable herbicide release system using atrazine for agrochemical purposes.
- Journal of Polymers and The Environment. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 18, n. 1, p. 26-32, 2010.
- Springer/plenum Publishers
- Release system
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.