Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Comparação do isolamento microbiológico e da reação em cadeia da polimerase no diagnóstico de salmonelose em bezerros infectados experimentalmente com Salmonella Typhimurium
- Comparison of microbiological culture and polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of salmonellosis in Salmonella Typhimurium-infected calves
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- The efficiency of microbiological culture and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for detection of Salmonella Typhimurium is compared in fecal samples of Holstein calves experimentally infected with 10(9) CFU of Salmonella Typhimurium. Seventy-two fecal samples were analyzed by microbiological culture and PCR associated with selenite cystine (SC) and Muller-Kauffmann tethrationate (TMK) selective enrichment broths. Regardless of the selective enrichment broth, the microbiological culture was significantly better than PCR for detection of positive samples of Salmonella Typhimurium. The selective enrichment broths SC and TMK had no effect on the efficiency of the microbiological culture. The SC broth was the best option as selective enrichment associated to PCR.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia. Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Escola de Veterinária, v. 63, n. 5, p. 1241-1245, 2011.
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Escola de Veterinária
- bacteriological isolation
- Salmonella Typhimurium
- isolamento bacteriano
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.