Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Assessing the effects of vector control on dengue transmission
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- The dengue virus is an arbovirus transmitted to humans through mosquito Aedes aegypti. To describe the dynamics of dengue disease within these two populations we develop a compartment model taking into account chemical controls and mechanical control applied on the mosquitoes, which are the currently available controlling mechanisms to prevent dengue disease. To mimic seasonal variations, some parameters of the model are allowed to depend on time in order to divide a calendar year in favorable and unfavorable periods regarded to the development of vector population. (c) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Applied Mathematics and Computation. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 198, n. 1, p. 401-413, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- mathematical modelling
- dengue transmission
- mosquito dynamics
- control strategies
- control efficacies
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.