Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Heterogeneity correction in the construction of optimized planning in radiotherapy using linear programming
- Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Laboratório Nacional de Computação Científica
- Centro Universitário da Fundação Educacional de Barretos
- Serviço Nacional de Aprendizagem Industrial
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- A radiotherapy planning is considered optimal when all the parameters involved, physical or biological, have been investigated and appropriate for each patient. In this type of planning, the major concern is with the tumor irradiation with the minimum possible damage to healthy tissues of the irradiated region, especially the organs at risk. The optimal planning for radiotherapy can be aided by Linear Programming and there is a wide literature addressing this subject. However, most published mathematical formulations do not contemplate a scenario in terms of practical applications, because they do not incorporate the heterogeneous composition of the irradiated tissue. This paper presents a methodology for heterogeneity correction in the composition of different types of irradiated tissues based on proportions among their different linear attenuation coefficient.
- Pesquisa Operacional. Sociedade Brasileira de Pesquisa Operacional, v. 31, n. 3, p. 565-578, 2011.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Pesquisa Operacional
- linear programming
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.