Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Mandioca minimamente processada submetida a radiação gama
- Fresh cut cassava subjected to gamma radiation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fresh cut cassava is an alternative to prolong roots commercialization period, adding value to the raw material and assisting the consumer's needs that seeks for products of easy preparation. The aim of this work was to evaluate the quality of fresh cut cassava subjected to gamma radiation. For processing cassava roots (IAC - 567-70) were used, after preparation were packed in expanded polystyrene (EPS) trays, covered by low density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic film, being subjected to gamma radiation in the doses 0 (control), 0.5; 1.0; 1.5; 2.0 KGy. Another treatment was also carried out in which roots were vacuum packed in nylon + polyethylene. Packed roots of all treatments were stored under refrigeration (5 +/- 1 degrees C) and evaluations were made after 0, 3, 6, 9 and 12 days. Evaluated analyses were: titrable acidity, pH, firmness, coloration, polyphenoloxidase activity, cooking time and roots hydration percentage. Evaluations just proceeded until the nine storage day, because after this period the roots already presented visually detectable physiologic and microbiological alterations. For titrable acidity, the vacuum packed roots had the lowest values, followed by the control packed in trays. For the other treatments, values of acidity increased and influenced the pH values. For the other appraised parameters there was no significant difference among treatments, but alterations were observed with the storage. The firmness decreased with the storage. Brightness values and yellow color component decreased with the storage and the b * (green) color values increased. Polyphenoloxidase activity was maximum in the day of elaboration of the product and it decreased with the storage. Cooking time and roots hydration percentage decreased with the roots storage.
- Semina-ciencias Agrarias. Londrina: Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL), v. 33, n. 1, p. 271-282, 2012.
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- Manihot esculenta CRANTZ
- cooking time
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.