Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Gastric anti-ulcer activity of leaf fractions obtained of polar extract from Wilbrandia ebracteata in mice
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Leaf fractions of Wilbrandia ebracteata were investigated for anti-ulcerogenic effects in ethanol and indomethacin-induced gastric ulcer assays in mice. Protective anti-ulcer effects were detected only in the ethanol-induced ulcer assay effects after pre-treatment with MeOH extract, MeOH chlorophyll-free, chlorophyll residue, HEX, DCM, aqueous MeOH fraction, ethyl acetate (EtOAc) and aqueous fractions. A potent anti-ulcerogenic effect was determined after pre-treatment of animals with EtOAc fraction, which was fractionated for isolation of active constituents. Seven flavonoids, 3',4',5,6,7,8-hexahydroxyflavonol, orientin, isoorientin, vitexin, isovitexin, luteolin, 6-methoxi-luteolin were isolated from the leaves of W. ebracteata (Cucurbitaceae) by chromatographic methods and identified by their spectral data. The data suggest that flavonoids are active anti-ulcerogenic compounds from leaves of W. ebracteata. The ability of scavenging free radicals was evaluated by DPPH reduction assay by TLC of flavonoids isolated.
- Natural Product Research. Abingdon: Taylor & Francis Ltd, v. 23, n. 1, p. 51-59, 2009.
- Taylor & Francis Ltd
- anti-ulcer activitiy
- Wilbrandia ebracteata
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.