Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of a myotoxic Lys49-PLA(2) from Bothrops jararacussu venom complexed with p-bromophenacyl bromide
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- For the first time, a non-catalytic and myotoxic Lys49-PLA(2) (BthTX-I from Bothrops jararacussu venom) has been crystallized with BPB inhibitor. X-ray diffraction data were collected and electron-density calculations showed that the ligand is bound to the His48 residue. BthTX-I with His48 chemically modified by BPB shows strongly reduced myotoxic and cytotoxic activities. This suggests a biological correlation between the modification of His48, which is associated with catalytic activity of PLA(2)s, and other toxicological activities of Lys49-PLA(2)s.
- Acta Crystallographica Section F-structural Biology and Crystallization Communications. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, v. 62, p. 600-603, 2006.
- Blackwell Publishing
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.