Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Should Anacardium humile St. Hil be used as an antiulcer agent? A scientific approach to the traditional knowledge
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The crude methanolic extract (ME) obtained from the leaves of Anacardium humile was evaluated orally at doses of 250-500-1000 mg/kg on gastric lesion on ethanol and piroxicam induced gastric lesions in rodents. All the tested doses significantly inhibited gastric lesions by 56 to 100%. These results seems to support the traditional use of this species in the treatment of gastric diseases. (C) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Fitoterapia. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 79, n. 3, p. 207-209, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Anacardium humile
- antiulcerogenic activity
- gastric diseases
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.