Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nuclear incoherent photoproduction of pi(0) and eta from 4 to 12 GeV
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- São Paulo Engn Coll
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ctr Appl Studies Nucl Dev CEADEN
- Idaho State Univ
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- The mechanism of incoherent pi(0) and eta photoproduction from complex nuclei is investigated from 4 to 12 GeV with an extended version of the multicollisional Monte Carlo (MCMC) intranuclear cascade model. The calculations take into account the elementary photoproduction amplitudes via a Regge model and the nuclear effects of photon shadowing, Pauli blocking, and meson-nucleus final-state interactions. The results for pi(0) photoproduction reproduced for the first time the magnitude and energy dependence of the measured rations sigma(gamma A)/sigma(gamma N) for several nuclei (Be, C, Al, Cu, Ag, and Pb) from a Cornell experiment. The results for eta photoproduction fitted the inelastic background in Cornell's yields remarkably well, which is clearly not isotropic as previously considered in Cornell's analysis. With this constraint for the background, the eta -> gamma gamma. decay width was extracted using the Primakoff method, combining Be and Cu data [Gamma(eta ->gamma gamma) = 0.476(62) keV] and using Be data only [Gamma(eta ->gamma gamma) = 0.512(90) keV]; where the errors are only statistical. These results are in sharp contrast (similar to 50-60%) with the value reported by the Cornell group [Gamma(eta ->gamma gamma). = 0.324(46) keV] and in line with the Particle Data Group average of 0.510(26) keV.
- Physical Review C. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 82, n. 2, p. 24, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.