Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- HTRIdb: an open-access database for experimentally verified human transcriptional regulation interactions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 09/10382-2
- FAPESP: 10/20684-3
- Background: The modeling of interactions among transcription factors (TFs) and their respective target genes (TGs) into transcriptional regulatory networks is important for the complete understanding of regulation of biological processes. In the case of experimentally verified human TF-TG interactions, there is no database at present that explicitly provides such information even though many databases containing human TF-TG interaction data have been available. In an effort to provide researchers with a repository of experimentally verified human TF-TG interactions from which such interactions can be directly extracted, we present here the Human Transcriptional Regulation Interactions database (HTRIdb).Description: The HTRIdb is an open-access database that can be searched via a user-friendly web interface and the retrieved TF-TG interactions data and the associated protein-protein interactions can be downloaded or interactively visualized as a network through the web version of the popular Cytoscape visualization tool, the Cytoscape Web. Moreover, users can improve the database quality by uploading their own interactions and indicating inconsistencies in the data. So far, HTRIdb has been populated with 284 TFs that regulate 18302 genes, totaling 51871 TF-TG interactions. HTRIdb is freely available at http://www.lbbc.ibb.unesp.br/htri.Conclusions: HTRIdb is a powerful user-friendly tool from which human experimentally validated TF-TG interactions can be easily extracted and used to construct transcriptional regulation interaction networks enabling researchers to decipher the regulation of biological processes.
- Bmc Genomics. London: Biomed Central Ltd., v. 13, p. 10, 2012.
- Biomed Central Ltd.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.