Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A standard protocol for obtaining fish chromosomes under post-mortem conditions
- Universidade Estadual do Sudoeste da Bahia (UESB)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
- In order to improve cytogenetical analyses on fish, especially focusing on delicate and rare species, we have adopted a new in vitro methodology using dead animals. The results obtained from 24 neotropical freshwater and marine fish species demonstrate that chromosomes can be obtained under post-mortem conditions. Significantly, the samples analyzed provided reliable cytogenetical data in nearly all cases. Other advantages of this new methodology are also discussed. (c) 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Micron. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V., v. 38, n. 3, p. 214-217, 2007.
- Elsevier B.V.
- freshwater fish
- marine fish
- in vitro cytogenetical technique
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.