Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Clonal chromosomal alterations in fibroadenomas of the breast
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Hosp Nossa Senhora Gracas
- A cytogenetic study on short-term cell cultures from 10 fibroadenomas of the breast is reported, Clonal chromosomal alterations were observed in all cases analyzed, involving preferentially chromosomes X, 12, 14, 20, and 22. Normal karyotypes were found in 34.9% of the cells. The present findings are discussed together with the reports on fibroadenomas and other benign lesions of the breast described in the literature. Although no specific chromosome abnormality to date can be attributed to a particular type of benign breast pathology, some recurrent alterations are starting to emerge and may characterize these benign breast lesions, differentiating them from their malignant counterparts. (C) 2001 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics. New York: Elsevier B.V., v. 131, n. 2, p. 120-124, 2001.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.