Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effects of propolis from Brazil and Bulgaria on fungicidal activity of macrophages against Paracoccidioides brasiliensis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Bulgarian Acad Sci
- Paracoccidioidomycosis is the most important systemic mycosis in Latin America. Its etiological agent, Paracoccidoides brasiliensis, affects individuals living in endemic areas through inhalation of airborne conidia or mycelial fragments. The disease may affect different organs and systems, with multiple clinical features, with cell-mediated immunity playing a significant role in host defence. Peritoneal macrophages from BALB/c mice were stimulated with Brazilian or Bulgarian propolis and subsequently challenged with P, brasiliensis. Data suggest an increase in the fungicidal activity of macrophages by propolis stimulation, independently from its geographic origin, (C) 2002 Elsevier B.V. Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Ethnopharmacology. Clare: Elsevier Sci Ireland Ltd, v. 79, n. 3, p. 331-334, 2002.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Paracocridioides brasiliensis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.