Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Impact of malnutrition on immunity and infection
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Malnutrition may be a consequence of energy deficit or micronutrient deficiency. It is considered the most relevant risk factor for illness and death, particularly in developing countries. In this review we described the magnitude of this problem, as well as its direct effect on the immune system and how it results in higher susceptibility to infections. A special emphasis was given to experimental models used to investigate the relationship between undernutrition and immunity. Malnutrition is obviously a challenge that must be addressed to health authorities and the scientific community.
- Journal of Venomous Animals and Toxins Including Tropical Diseases. Botucatu: Cevap-unesp, v. 15, n. 3, p. 374-390, 2009.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Centro de Estudos de Venenos e Animais Peçonhentos (CEVAP)
- experimental models
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.