Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cytogenetic studies of Mastacembelus armatus (Pisces, Mastacembelidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The mitotic chromosomes, nucleolus organizer regions (NORs), C-banding pattern and nuclear DNA content of Mastacembelus armatus were studied. The karyotype (2n = 48; 10m + 6sm + 4st + 28a) was characterized by the presence of one chromosome pair with NORs and a small quantity of heterochromatin. The DNA content observed in erythrocyte nuclei of M. armatus was 1.39 +/- 0.08 pg. Comparison of this karyotype with those of other Synbranchiformes revealed a strong similarity, suggesting that small chromosome rearrangements may have been maintained during its evolutionary history.
- Cytobios. Cambridge: Faculty Press, v. 92, n. 369, p. 83-89, 1997.
- Faculty Press
- fish cytogenetics
- nucleolus organizer region
- DNA content
- Mastacembelus armatus
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.