Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cytogenetic characterization of a supernumerary chromosome segment and of B-chromosomes in Astyanax scabripinnis (Teleostei, Characidae)
- Univ Alfenas
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The chromosome complement of a local population of Astyanax scabripinnis in Brazil was investigated with emphasis on the study of the heterochromatin attached to the A-chromosomes and present in the macro B-chromosome. Analysis after C-banding, silver and CMA(3) staining, incorporation of 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and chromosome digestion with nine restriction endonucleases revealed that the heterochromatin in the B-chromosomes was different from that found in the A-chromosomes. A polymorphism due to the presence of a supernumerary heterochromatic chromosome segment was observed in the population investigated. Some aspects related to the origin of the heterochromatin polymorphism in Astyanax scabripinnis are discussed.
- Genetica. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publ, v. 110, n. 2, p. 177-183, 2000.
- Kluwer Academic Publ
- Astyanax scabripinnis
- chromosome banding
- fish chromosomes
- restriction endonucleases
- supernumerary segments
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.