Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Influência do puerpério sobre o proteinograma sérico de caprinos da raça Saanen obtido por eletroforese em gel de poliacrilamida
- Influence of puerperium on the serum proteins of Saanen goats, obtained by the analysis of electrophoresis on sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Aiming to evaluate the puerperal influence on the proteinogram of Saanen goats, 108 samples of blood serum from 12 goats were collected, and the results were presented at nine times: just after parturition, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 21 and 30 days after parturition. Total amount of serum proteins were determined by the biuret technique, and the sodium dodecyl sulphate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) was used to the protein fractionation. In this last method, 17 protein bands were observed, from which molecular weights varied between 25 KDa and 275 KDa. In addition, it was possible to identify the following protein fractions: immunoglobulin A (180 KDa), ceruloplasmin (115 KDa), transferrin (79 KDa), albumin (65 KDa), heavy-chain immunoglobulin G (58 KDa), haptoglobin (45 KDa), acid glycoprotein (37 KDa) and light-chain immunoglobulin G (28 KDa). Another 9 nonidentified protein fractions presented, each molecular weights equal to 275 KDa, 140 KDa, 125 KDa, 103 KDa, 95 KDa, 41 KDa, 35 KDa, 30 Kda and 25 KDa. The results allow us to conclude that by the first week of puerperium, an improvement of acid glycoprotein occurs, whereas those others protein fractions do not suffer any puerperal influence.
- Semina-ciencias Agrarias. Londrina: Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL), v. 30, n. 3, p. 661-669, 2009.
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.