Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Isolation and characterization of a satellite DNA family in Achirus lineatus (Teleostei : Pleuronectiformes : Achiridae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Agarose gels stained with Ethidium bromide and Southern blot experiments of HindIII-digested genomic DNA of Achirus lineatus evidenced the presence of monomers and multimers of a DNA segment of about 200 bp, named here Al-HindIII sequence. No signals were observed in Southern blot experiments with genomic DNA of other flatfish species. The DNA sequencing of four recombinant clones showed that Al-HindIII sequences had 204 bp and were 63.72% AT-rich. FISH experiments using a Al-HindIII sequence as probe showed bright signals in the centromeric position of all chromosomes of A. lineatus.
- Genetica. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 125, n. 2-3, p. 205-210, 2005.
- chromosome structure
- fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)
- satellite DNA
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.