Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Conservation of the 5S-bearing chromosome pair and co-localization with major rDNA clusters in five species of Astyanax (Pisces, Characidae)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- CNRS FR 1541
- Major and 5S ribosomal genes have been localized in chromosomes from five fish species, genus Aslyanax, using in situ hybridization (FISH) with 28S and 5S rDNA probes. In situ signals for the major rDNA co-localized with the 5S rDNA clusters in the pericentromeric region of one marker chromosome in all five species analyzed. The conserved localization of these two rDNA clusters in the five related Astyanax species was considered as indicative of a close relationship among them. The use of these molecular markers for elucidating evolutionary relationships among closely related taxa is discussed. Copyright (C) 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel.
- Cytogenetic and Genome Research. Basel: Karger, v. 97, n. 3-4, p. 229-233, 2002.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.