Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Infection levels of Austrodiplostomum compactum (Digenea, Diplostomidae) metacercariae in Plagioscion squamosissimus (Teleostei, Sciaenidae) from the Nova Avanhandava reservoir, São Paulo State, Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- CNPq: 133203/2004-2
- CNPq: 140838/2007-4
- FAPESP: 03/11 239-2
- FUNDUNESP: 00 329/04
- This study was aimed at evaluating the infection levels of Austrodiplostomum compactum metacercariae in 378 specimens of Plagioscion squamosissimus ('corvina' or 'pescada branca') from the Nova Avanhandava reservoir, low Tiete River, São Paulo State, Brazil. High prevalence, mean intensity of infection and abundance were observed in P. squamosissimus during most of the study, with the exception of March 2004. The relative condition factor (Kn) did not differ between parasitized and non-parasitized fish. A statistically significant positive correlation was observed between host standard length and intensity of infection. The analysis of biotic and abiotic variables showed that no abiotic variable correlated with parasitic infection levels. Moreover, P. squamosissimus status was demonstrated to be unaffected by A. compactum metacercariae infection.
- Journal of Helminthology. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ Press, v. 84, n. 3, p. 284-291, 2010.
- Cambridge University Press
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.