Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Prey choice by facultative predator larvae of Chrysomya albiceps (Diptera: Calliphoridae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this study we investigated predation rates on third instar larvae of Chrysomya putoria and C. megacephala by third instar larvae of C. albiceps in a two-choice situation. The highest predation rate occurred on C. putoria larvae and this result is compared to previous experiments, in which C. macellaria larvae were present. Our results suggest that, when C. macellaria is absent C. albiceps larvae attack more C. putoria than C. megacephala larvae. Prey choice decisions and its implications for introduced and native blowflies are discussed.
- Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde, v. 96, n. 6, p. 875-878, 2001.
- Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Ministério da Saúde
- Chrysomya albiceps
- prey choice
- larval predation
- interspecific interaction
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.