Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quantification of bovine cytokine gene expression using real-time RT-PCR methodology
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- T cells produce cytokines that affect host response to infection. This paper reports real-time RT-PCR conditions and validation steps for accurate quantification of Bos indicus cytokines, interleukin (IL)-2, IL-4, IL-8, IL12p-35, IL-13, tumoral necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, interferon (IFN)-gamma, monocyte chemoattractant proteins (MCP)-1 and MCP-2, and the glycoprotein mucin (MUC)-1 in two groups of Nelore cattle, one resistant and the other susceptible to gastrointestinal nematode infections. RPL-19 was shown to be an ideal internal control gene, since its expression was constant across treatments and presented lower variation when compared to the GAPDH gene. The optimized conditions established in the present study can be used to determine the immune response of cattle under different experimental conditions, such as viral, bacterial and parasite infections.
- Genetics and Molecular Biology. Sociedade Brasileira de Genética, v. 30, n. 3, p. 575-579, 2007.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Genética
- cytokine gene expression
- real-time RT-PCR
- gastrointestinal nematodes
- bovine cytokines
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.