Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis and characterization of TiO2 chemically modified by Pd(II) 2-aminothiazole complex for the photocatalytic degradation of phenol
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Brasília (UnB)
- An investigation was made into the photocatalytic activity of in situ synthesized TiO2 chemically modified by Pd(II) 2-aminothiazole complex for phenol degradation at different pH values. At longer reaction times, the bare titania presented far poorer pbotoactivity than the modified catalysts in the entire range of pH studied. The catalyst complexed with Pd(II) was more efficient than the metal-free Pd, irrespective of pH and reaction time, suggesting that metal plays an important role. A cooperative mechanism is proposed, involving the possible photoactivation of both TiO2 and sensitizer. (C) 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A-chemistry. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 195, n. 1, p. 23-29, 2008.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Pd(II) 2-aminothiazole
- phenol photodegradation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.