Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- GFAAS Determination of Zinc in Fish Feed and Feces Using Slurry Sampling
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- This paper presents a simple, fast, and sensitive method to determine zinc in samples of feces and fish feed by electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry through the direct introduction of slurries of the samples into the spectrometer's graphite tube. The procedure is based on the injection of 10 mu L of an acidified aqueous solution containing 0.50% w/v of feces or feed and 0.50% v/v HNO(3) into graphite tube. The limits of detection and quantification calculated for 20 readings of the blank of the standard slurries (0.50% w/v of feces or feed devoid of zinc) were 0.04 and 0.13 mu g L(-1) for the standard feces slurries and 0.05 and 0.17 mu g L(-1) for the standard feed slurries. The proposed method was applied in studies of digestibility of zinc in different fish feeds, and their results proved compatible with that obtained from samples mineralized by acid digestion using microwave oven.
- Food Analytical Methods. New York: Springer, v. 2, n. 2, p. 162-168, 2009.
- Process Analysis
- Biological Samples
- Fish Nutrition
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.