Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Morphological study of the spermatogenesis in the teleost Piaractus mesopotamicus
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- The spermatogenesis of Piaractus mesopotamicus was investigated under light and transmission electron microscopy. The specimens were captured from their natural environment (Rio Miranda and Rio Aquidauana, Pantanal Matogrossense, Brazil) during April and September. The results were compared with the spermatogenic data of specimens under captivity condition. In both conditions, P mesopotamicus presented the typical spermatogenesis pattern of the teleost fishes, showing no significative differences. The spermatozoon was classified as type 1, which has a globular head without acrosome, a short middle piece and a long tail constituted only by the flagellum. This type of spermatozoon is considered the basic type in fishes.
- Biocell. Mendoza: Inst Histol Embriol-conicet, v. 27, n. 3, p. 319-328, 2003.
- Inst Histol Embriol-conicet
- Piaractus mesopotamicus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.