Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Laser treatment of experimentally induced chronic arthritis
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- In this work, we investigated the effects of He-Ne laser irradiation on the inflammatory process induced in the articular cartilage of the right knee of guinea pigs. Through electron microscopy analysis it was possible to identify the induced arthritis in the articular cartilage and its modification after the laser treatment. The laser radiation promoted a reduction in the proliferation of the inflammatory cells in the damaged tissue and also induced the formation of cartilage bridges that tied the destroyed parts favoring the formation of a repaired tissue in the injured cartilage. (C) 2000 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Applied Surface Science. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 154, p. 561-564, 2000.
- Elsevier B.V.
- adjuvant-induced arthritis
- low energy laser
- immunologic disease
- connective tissue disease
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.