Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A morpho-histological and ultrastructural study of the mandibular glands of Atta sexdens worker ants (Hymenoptera : Formicidae)
- Jd Univ Araras
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We describe here the morphology, histology and ultrastructure of the mandibular glands of Atta sexdens (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) worker ants. The mandibular glands consist of a reservoir with an excretory duct and a secretory portion linked to the reservoir trough canaliculi. These glands have the same morphology in the three castes studied, differing only in size, with smaller glands observed in minima workers and larger glands in soldiers.
- Sociobiology. Chico: Calif State Univ, v. 38, n. 3A, p. 449-464, 2001.
- California State University
- mandibular gland
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.