Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ultramorphology of the metapleural gland in three species of Atta (Hymenoptera, Formicidae)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Differences among the metapleural glands of four female castes of Atta bisphaerica Forel, 1908, A. capiguara Gonçalves, 1944 and A. sexdens rubropilosa Forel, 1908 were examined by scanning electron microscope. There were no differences in gland size between the same castes of these species, although the opening gland in A. sexdens rubropilosa had been twice as large as A. bisphaerica. The relative size and functional significance of the metapleural gland among different castes is discussed and similarities between these and the other Formicidae till now studied is presented.
- Iheringia. Série Zoologia. Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul, n. 91, p. 33-36, 2001.
- Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul
- metapleural gland
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.