Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- First report of endocytobionts in the digestive tract of ponerine ants
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- FAPESP: 04/13327-9
- CNPq: 142211/2006-0
- We conducted ultrastructural studies to examine the presence of microorganisms in the midgut of the ant Odontomachus bauri (Ponerinae), as a contribution towards understanding the relationships between microorganisms and their hosts. The presence of microorganisms in this region, including inside the cells, suggests their participation in food digestion as symbiontic organisms and represent a new possibility to exploit food sources in the environment. (c) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Micron. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 40, n. 2, p. 194-197, 2009.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.