Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fertility life table of Trichogramma pretiosum and Trichogramma acacioi (Hymenoptera : Trichogrammatidae) on Sitotroga cerealella (Lepidoptera : Gelechiidae) eggs at different constant temperatures
- Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (UFES)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)
- Fertility life tables were developed for both Trichogramma pretiosum and Trichogramma acacioi reared on Sitotroga cerealella eggs as an alternative host at five different temperatures. The egg parasitoids were first collected from Nipteria panacea eggs, a lepidopterous pest of avocado. Egg parasitoid females were individualized in small glass vials along with 40 eggs of the host during 24 h for parasitization. For evaluation of the parasitism capacity, a similar procedure was adopted, but cardboards with eggs were replaced every day. The net reproductive rate (Ro), intrinsic rate of increase (rm), finite rate of increase (lambda), and mean generation time (T) were estimated. Temperature affected all parameters for both Trichogramma species. The highest fecundity for both species was observed at 25degreesC. Extreme temperatures such as 15degreesC or 35degreesC negatively affect the development rate of both species.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. Lanham: Entomol Soc Amer, v. 97, n. 4, p. 729-731, 2004.
- Amer Entomol Soc
- egg parasitoids
- Trichogramma pretiosum
- Trichogramma acacioi
- life history
- alternative host
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.