Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Laboratory Assessment of two Active Ingredients for Control of Coptotermes gestroi (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The subterranean termite Coptotermes gestroi Wasmann (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae) is a pest of major economic importance in urban environments of southeastern Brazil. Compared to using pesticides for termite control, termite bait products target termites more specifically and also address environmental contamination issues. In this point of view, we performed two different bioassays ill order to evaluate the efficacy of boric acid and fipronil against different populations of C. gestroi. The results showed that concentration between 2000 and 3000 ppm of boric acid caused approximately 100 percent mortality ill termites. Concentrations between 0.01 and 0.0001 ppm of fipronil resulted in 100% termite mortality after 2 wk exposure. The data displayed a fast mortality of termites contaminated with fipronil, even with small concentrations, and therefore it is riot a Suitable product to be used ill baits against C gestroi. The present Study showed a delayed toxicity of boric acid against the subterranean termite C gestroi which suggests a need for further field tests.
- Sociobiology. Chico: California State Univ, v. 54, n. 3, p. 787-797, 2009.
- California State University
- boric acid
- subterranean termites
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.