Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Virulência de Aphanocladium album (Preuss) Gams e Verticillium lecanii (Zimm.) Viégas (Deuteromycotina: Hyphomycetes) para o Percevejo-de-renda da seringueira, Leptopharsa heveae (Drake & Poor) (Hemiptera: Tingidae)
- Virulence of Aphanocladium album (Preuss) Gams and Verticillium lecanii (Zimm.) Viegas (Deuteromycotina: Hyphomycetes) on the Rubber Tree Lace bug, Leptopharsa heveae (Drake & Poor) (Hemiptera: Tingidae)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The lace bug, Leptopharsa heveae is an insect that causes serious damage on rubber trees. In laboratory condition, the strains of Verticillium lecanii (ARSEF 6430, 6431 e 6432) and Aphanocladium album (ARSEF 6433) were tested on third-and fifth-instar nymphs and adults of L. heveae to evaluate their virulence using 2.4 x 10(5) and 2.4 x 10(7) conidia/mL. The bioassays were carried out using Petri dishes whose inner bottoms were covered with damp filter papers. Each Petri dish contained five insects and one rubber tree leaflet. The plates were covered with PVC film to provide high relative humidity, maintained at 26 +/- 0.5 degrees C and a photophase of 14 hours. The Probit analysis was calculated from mortality date of insects killed by fungi. In the highest concentrations, ARSEF 6430 was more virulent for third instar nymphs, and the LT50 was 1.9 days. For the fifth instar, the strains ARSEF 6430, 6433 and 6432 showed similar virulence with LT50 of 2.6, 2.6 and 3.2 days, respectively. For adults, ARSEF 6431 was the most virulent strain with the LT50 recorded at 2.0 days. The smallest concentration did not always cause more than 50% mortality.
- Ciência e Agrotecnologia. Lavras: Univ Federal Lavras-ufla, v. 27, p. 1636-1642, 2003.
- Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA)
- Hevea brasiliensis
- entomopathogenic fungi
- microbial control
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.