Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rapid configuration analysis of the solenopsins
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- A protocol for rapid access to the relative and absolute configurations of the solenopsins, the venom alkaloids of fire ants (Solenopsis spp.), was developed based on chiral capillary gas chromatography. The synthesis of racemic mixtures of 2-methyl-6-alkylpiperidines and the isolation of natural (2R,6R)- and (2R,6S)-2-methyl-6-undecylpiperidines allowed for the standardization of the chromatographic method. Application of this protocol revealed the previously unknown natural occurrence of four stereoisomers of 2-methyl-6-undecylpiperidine in venom samples from workers and gynes of Solenopsis saevissima. (C) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Tetrahedron-asymmetry. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 23, n. 9, p. 635-642, 2012.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.