Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação em escala laboratorial da utilização do processo eletrolítico no tratamento de águas
- Laboratory scale assessment of an electrolytic process for water treatment
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Serviço Autônomo de Água e Esgoto (SAAE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Water treatment uses chlorine for disinfection causing formation of trihalomethanes. In this work, an electrolytic water pre-treatment was studied and applied to the water from a fountainhead. The action against microorganisms was evaluated using cast-iron and aluminum electrodes. Assays were made in laboratory using the electrolytic treatment. After 5 min of electrolysis the heterotrophic bacteria count was below 500 cfu/mL and complete elimination of total and fecal coliforms was observed. Using electrolytic treatment as a pretreatment of conventional tap water treatment is proposed.
- Química Nova. Sociedade Brasileira de Química, v. 31, n. 3, p. 508-513, 2008.
- Sociedade Brasileira de Química
- electrolytic treatment
- water disinfection
- water quality
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.